Leading Human Resources
HR for the everyday leader
People matter – so empower yourself to manage and lead them better through more effective Human Resource Management knowledge and skills.
The role of today’s contemporary leader is a multi-faceted one. Not only do we need to understand our own role, but we also need to have a sound knowledge of the processes surrounding the management of our most valuable resource – our people.
Although most organisations have internal Human Resource experts, it is important that every leader understands the HR role; what it is there for and how they need to reflect the policies and processes that support it.
Throughout this program we will follow the life cycle of a new staff member from recruitment and induction, to training and development, performance management, through the counselling and disciplinary processes and then into the organisational succession plan.
Over two days an expert Proteus facilitator will deliver 8 x 1½ hour sessions exploring a range of topics, all focused on preparing leaders to be better people managers.
These two days combined with 8 weekly digital challenges make it one of the most relevant HR leadership programs in Australia.
This is a practical, ‘hands on’ program that provides Human Resource Management information, skills and processes for the everyday leader.
You will not become an instant Human Resources Manager, but you will appreciate the importance of the role and the importance of your involvement in Human Resource Management processes and procedures as they apply to your workplace.
Human Resource Management & Everyday Leaders Working Together
- Getting Yourself Right First
- HR Is Not Dead, But It Is Changing And Transforming
- The Evolution Of The Human Resource Management Landscape
- Why Every Leader Needs To Embrace And Excel In The HR Essentials
- Understanding & Taking Ownerships Of Your Key HRM Functions
- Bringing Your People With You Through The Critical HR Lifecycles
- Moving From People As Assets To Highly Functional Relationships
- The Everyday Leader And HRM Teams Working In Collaboration
Recruitment & Selection
- Attracting The Right People
- The Importance Of Getting And Assessing The Right Cultural Fit
- Conducting A Professional Interview
- Social Media And The Recruitment Process
- How To Read A Resume/Social Media Profile
- Leading With Your Gut And Identifying ‘Yellow Flags’ Early
- Creating Simple And Transparent Recruitment And Selection Processes
- Using ‘Behavioural Interviewing Techniques’
Establishing Induction & Wellness Programs
- Demonstrating The Heart Of The Workplace Through Engagement
- Understanding Your ‘Duty Of Care’ As A Leader
- Designing Individual Workplace Wellness Initiatives
- Preparing An Induction Plan For Success
- Orientation Vs Indoctrination
- Establishing An ‘Essential Induction Checklist’
Creating Professional Development & Succession Plans
- Creating A Culture Of Growth And Ownership
- Setting Up A Life Long Learning Approach
- Building Transparent Succession Plans
- Communicating And Managing Succession Plans
- Setting Your People Up For Success
Leading Performance Reviews & Development
- Old School Appraisals Are Dead!
- Tailoring Performance Management – One Size Does Not Fit All!
- Establishing Clear KRA’s And Performance Expectations
- Making Your Scoreboard Visible And Achievable
- What Does The ‘New’ Performance Mangement Tool Look Like?
Understanding Industrial Relations
- Understanding Employment Conditions
- The History And Purpose Of Industrial Relations
- Understanding The Essentials Of EBAs
- Demystifying The Fair Work Australia Processes
- The 2 Critical Ingredients Of ‘Procedural Fairness’ And ‘Fair And Reasonable’ Expectations
- Transforming The Bullying And Harrassment Default Position
- Obligations Of An Employer Vs Rights Of An Employee
The Counselling & Disciplinary Interviews
- Gaining The Confidence To Take Control And To Act Early
- The 5-Step Roadmap For Change
- The Art And Science Of Navigating Crucial Conversations
- Fundamental Communication Tips - Managing Your Tone And Body Language
- What Happens When It All Goes Sour?
- The ‘Let Me Help You To Grow Or Go’ Concept
Being A Manager, Coach, Mentor, Friend!
- Understanding And Acting On The Differences Of The Coach/Mentor Roles
- Avoiding The ‘Rescuer’ Mentality
- Knowing When To Role Shift From Manager, Coach, Mentor And Friend
- Who Looks After The Leader?