Beware The Emotional Vulture
So often the ‘do-gooders‘ in your organisation or social circle are not always what they seem to be.
Here are some of the ways to check if a person has your best interests at heart or in fact are just meddlers in other peoples lives.
- Feeding off everyone else’ emotions and misfortunes but never prepared to expose themselves or share their own feelings and emotions.
- They are always searching but are actually too scared to find the answer and often believe that no-one else has achieved anything either.
- The very people that they criticize and complain about become their best friend when they are down and fragile. They take their side and fight for their cause, but only the negative bits that are making someone else’ life difficult.
- They give people advice that is based on reaction and drama. It is often based on what the vulture would like to do themselves, but don’t have the guts to do it.
- They are always looking for prey that they can feed on for their own survival.
- They never pick on the fit and healthy, but focus on prey that has little life left in it. They start to circle when there is no positive solution because they do not recognise such a thing.
- Once they have fed on their prey they move on to the next victim.
- They truly believe that they are incredibly self-aware, but instead are very self-centred.
- If they were reading this they would immediately think it was about someone else.
Does this sound like someone you know or have known? Well if so, get as far away from them as possible, get them out of your organisation and ignore any advice they have ever given you.
They simply do not have your best interests at heart!
Start hanging out with the eagles.
- People who have their nests high above the ground. People who are positive and soar with the currents of change.
- People who look down and see the whole picture of life.
- People who consider others to be just as important as themselves.
These are the people we need in our lives and they are out there. Find them and build strong relationships.
By Des Penny
LEO & Founder | Proteus Leadership
Proteus Leadership is one of Australia’s premier leadership training and development companies. Proteus Leadership provides leadership courses and management training to a range of industries and assists organisations to build positive workplace cultures, implement change and Create Great Leaders. Proteus also facilitates a range of world-class management courses, workshops, conferences and events across Australia and beyond with the sole purpose of bringing leaders together to connect and grow.
“Our core purpose is to Create Great Leaders that will in turn build Great companies and develop Great teams.”